1. 4 acorn squash, 2 butternut squash, Tahini, fresh cilantro, 6 red chili peppers, organic butter, lime juice, lemon juice, and a copy of this month’s Elle magazine with Katie Holmes on the cover?
You know what they say: It pays to have friends at cashier’s stations. Thanks, Joey.
In related news, tonight I’ll be munching on this.
“Embrace HOPE, all ye who enter.”
4. See that book list tab up there?? Laughable. I started reading a real life book last night, and realized, “Oh. This is something I like doing. I used to do this all the time. Why don’t I do this more often?” I think we all know the answer to that. I’m typin’ on it.
7. Tonight, Mal and I are cleaning, cooking, and watching The Proposal, starring my girl, Sandra Bullock. We’re probably going to be drinking champagne while we do all of these things, because for some reason… we have champagne?
8. “My proposal is not that we understand what the word ‘god’ means and manage somehow to fit Jesus into that. Instead, I suggest that we think historically about a young Jew, possessed of a desperately risky, indeed apparently crazy, vocation, riding into Jerusalem in tears, denouncing the Temple, and dying on a Roman cross–and that we take our courage in both hands and allow our meaning for the word ‘god’ to be recentered around that point.” – N.T. Wright
I’m coming out of this season where I shrug of my “not knowing” as inevitable, and am met with hard asses like N.T. Wright. Also meeting me here is the little girl I once was, laying in the backyard of the house I grew up in, speaking out loud to the Nameless, Faceless, dancing Stillness around her. She was so in love.
9. I lived in the sunroom of that house. How cool is that? My bed was propped up against the window of my parents room, which used to face the outside before my dad built the sunroom. I remember, when Charlie was a newborn, I could sit on my bed and look down at him through the window while he was sleeping in his crib. That same spot was where I read my first novel, Charlotte’s Web, because my mom wouldn’t let me see the movie until I read the book.
10. Hampton, Charlie, McClellan, Haley.